George Corcoran Custom Flying-V

Onstage with Jackal-Headed Guard of the Dead at Bannermans Bar Edinburgh December 2012. The debut appearance of the V

A whole bunch of my mates did the best thing ever and put money together to get George Corcoran to build me a custom guitar for my 40th birthday and I got it today and it is bloody brilliant. I had no idea it was being made and laughed when I saw it because it was exactly what I wanted. Over the previous couple of months the CIA had been tapping my phone and various SAS and Taliban operatives used hypnosis, surveillance, telepathy and subterfuge to secretly discover what my dream guitar would be, by asking me, and me being a trusting sort didn't twig... Anyway thanks to all the skulls who chipped in and to George for making it!!!

2012

Prior to any hardware being added

Nearly done....

The top is made from redwood and as you can see here looks totally fucking amazing! It's got three volumes, each with a spring loaded coil tap. No tone control because tone controls are never ever used by anyone ever. She got an indian rosewood fingerboard, maple neck, alder body, koa trim and redwood top.

This is what it looks like on a gopping sofa 

The trem system is a Khaler Hybrid and the pickups are all Bill Lawrence L500XL's. The selector switch is a five way, with 1- bridge, 2-middle, 3-neck, 4-bridge + neck & 5-all three of the bastards at once. So obviously for Jackal-Headed Guard of the Dead... the cunt stays on 5

The headstock with a graphite nut 

Three L500XL's oh man!

The body is alder

The headstock as seen from behind 

The back of the neck is maple and it even has a clitoris! 

I got wood over this wood 

Full access to all 24 stainless steel frets

My first pose with it! I'm not left handed, I took the photo me sen in the mirror disgracebook slut style!

Onstage with Jackal-Headed Guard of The Dead. Bannermans Edinburgh 2012

Onstage with Jackal-Headed Guard of The Dead. Newcastle 2012

2013

After playing the guitar live a couple of times I decided that it needed three things...

 Locking nut!

 Fretmarkers!

Killswitch!

Onstage with Jackal-Headed Guard of The Dead. March 2013

Night Of The Obsidian Bats
 The place where the next Jackal-Headed Guard of the Dead album and debut Tommy Concrete and the Werewolves album will be written.

With Tommy Concrete and the Werewolves at The Banshee Labyrinth Edinburgh

With Shitball at The Hull Adelphi Club. Spudstock 2013
 
At the Banshee Labyrinth Edinburgh with Jackal-Headed Guard of the Dead
 
 
Bobfest 8 Penicuik with Tommy Concrete and the Werewolves